Pakistan Family Visit Visa
This type of visa is for the foreign citizens of Pakistani origin visiting their spouses for staying up to 5 years and for each entry stay up to one year.
There are two types of visas you can apply for online:
New (First Time):
if you do not have a valid Pakistani visa, you need to apply for a new visa
if you have a valid Pakistani visa and want to reside in Pakistan, then you need to apply for an extension visa.
- Foreign Pakistan citizens and their spouses.
- If you have any relatives of Pakistani origin, then you can be eligible for POC (Pakistani Origin Card). You may not be needing a visa in this case. Click on the link below to see if you are eligible for a POC.
What are the documents required for a Pakistan Family Visit Visa?
Passport: You need a valid passport, which is valid for at least six months starting from the date of arrival in Pakistan and has at least 2 blank pages available.
Photograph: Photo Specification.
- Photographs of six month or less are allowed.
- Your background should be plain white or black.
- Your eyes must be clearly visible and you don’t wear any glasses,caps,or scarf.
POC or likewise:
- Ø Birth Certificate
- Ø Marriage Certificate
- Ø NICOP/CNIC.
If you are not currently in your home country and applying from a third country, proof of legal residence is required to be uploaded, which is a mandatory requirement.
If you are applying for an extension on your visa, then proof of a valid Pakistani visa must be uploaded.
Validity and Duration
First Time: You can stay for up to one year on each entry, and the first-time visa's validity is 5 years
Extension: You can stay for up to one year on each entry, and visa is extendable for up to 5 years
- While applying for an extension, you need to make sure that you possess a valid Pakistani Visa and have permanent residence in Pakistan.
The processing time for first-time entry is 7-10 working days
The processing time for an extension visa is 7-10 working days
The processing time for Afghanistan Passport Holders extension/first-time entry is 37 working days
- In case the application is sent back to the applicant for review, the processing time will be the same as before.
- If the application is not resubmitted within seven days after it is sent back to the applicant for review it will be cancelled.
How to Apply for a Family Visit Visa?
You will need to meet the following requirements if you want a family visit visa for Pakistan. Keep in mind that you may have to submit different documents depending on the purpose of your stay. Additional documents can be requested by the authorized diplomatic missions.
You will need:
If you are applying from another country instead of your home country, you need to submit proof of legal residence. Otherwise, you don't need to worry about this document.
- A travel document or a passport with a minimum of two blank pages, a minimum of six months validity, and should be valid for a minimum of 90 days after the intended date of leaving Pakistan.
- First-page copy including previous visas and personal data (if obtained) is also required
- Signed and completed visa application form with two biometric pictures that were recently taken (not older than six months)
- Along with confirmed two-way tickets, a travel proof
- Proof of financial means, confirming that the applicant can afford their stay in the country
- The applicants mustn't pose any kind of threat to the country's security, public health, or economy. Otherwise, they may be convicted of a crime
- Occupation evidence submitted as certified documents form; student certificate, an employer letter, registration documents, or a demonstration of pension funds.
- Hotel reservation proof or an invitation letter confirming accommodation throughout the entire stay
- Travel health insurance documentation
Depending on the employment status of an applicant, the following additional documents might be required
- Employment contract (an original employment certificate, which indicates the position/scale in the company and salary)
- Bank statement of the recent six months
- Approved leave letter from the employer
- ITR (Income Tax Return)
- Business license (registration of company), submitted as a proof
- Statement of the bank account of the applicant's company from the recent six months
- ITR (Income Tax Return)
- University enrolment documentations
- No-objection certificate from the school administration
- Proof of documentation regarding pension statements of the recent six months.
- It is required to present proof regarding financial resources
- If the applicant is not able to finance the expenses on their own, proof of sponsor will be required in that case, which is mandatory
Do I need a Family Visit Visa:
Depending on where you are currently living, you may require a visa to visit Pakistan. Algeria, Austria, Argentina, and Azerbaijan are some of the countries that do not need a visa to enter Pakistan, provided that they have a valid passport. You can contact any Pakistani diplomatic mission/consulate for further information
After completing the application you can make a payment for the visa application by using a debit and credit card, you don’t need to worry about losing your information with our secure network. The visa application fee depends on your nationality and visa required, you can use our tool to calculate your Pakistan family visit visa fee
After completing the payment process, you can receive your visa on a registered email ID.
Family Visit Visa to Pakistan During Covid-19
Depending on your country, the applications for family visit visas to Pakistan may not have started yet due to the Covid-19 pandemic. You need to contact the diplomatic missions of Pakistan in the country you are currently staying at to confirm if you can visit the country or not. Please keep in mind the following details during the Covid-19 Pandemic:
- Flight services to Lahore, Karachi, and Islamabad at short notice may change due to safety standards to prevent further COVID-19 infections
- A traveller needs to install PassTrack Covid-19 App on their mobile phones or can register online for PassTrack. A registration proof must be provided by the traveller to their respective airline. If you registered via the website, then a printed registration copy will be required.
- Travellers planning on visiting Pakistan must provide a negative RT-PCR Covid-19 test taken not more than 48 hours before their departure. You will not be allowed to travel if tested positive